Pages


Welcome to Natta Tasha! A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to at home, in the garden, at my craft table and abroad!

Drop by to catch up with latest Natta from Tasha and say it quickly enough for a clever play on my name.

Come on in, join the fun and leave a comment to continue the Natta!




Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Elderflowers Galore!



The elderflower season has begun as you can see from the full basket I collected for Elderflower Cordial. It is absolutely delicious and was so easy to make once I had hunted down the citric acid that I needed. This morning have also made rhubarb and elderflower jam which has the delicate scent and taste of the elderflower pollen.

Top tips for gathering elderflowers. First always harvest after a couple of days of sunshine when the pollen is dry and high, you get a better flavour that way. Secondly according to folklore each elder tree has a resident witch from whom you should ask permission to gather the flowers before you do. Whoops, forgot that bit but doesn't seem to have impaired the flavour! Have received my first commission for cordial for a friend's wedding so going into production again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here about what we are up to!