Pages


Welcome to Natta Tasha! A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to at home, in the garden, at my craft table and abroad!

Drop by to catch up with latest Natta from Tasha and say it quickly enough for a clever play on my name.

Come on in, join the fun and leave a comment to continue the Natta!




Thursday, February 24, 2011

More tasteful souvenir!



I spent severval hours in the sunshine making my own batik sarong with a local artisan and even if I say so myself I am rather proud of it! Using a charcoal burner we melted candle wax and then stamped our patterns onto wet cotton. Once dried in the sun plant dyes and some foul smelling chemicals were used to create the colours. I opted for purple and orange but as you can see it is not an exact science and I ended up with chocolate and orange! The tailor would have made it up into a skirt or sun top for me but I couldn't bear to let anyone cut it up. So I will hem it when I get home and wear it as a sarong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here about what we are up to!