Pages


Welcome to Natta Tasha! A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to at home, in the garden, at my craft table and abroad!

Drop by to catch up with latest Natta from Tasha and say it quickly enough for a clever play on my name.

Come on in, join the fun and leave a comment to continue the Natta!




Sunday, June 5, 2011

Massive Blog Update!


Thoroughly chided by my Spalding fans for my long blog absence here is a massive update before the real adventure starts on the 14th June.

Way back at the beginning of May I went to a local falconry centre and spent three wonderful hours learning about many birds of prey and flying a selection of birds. Unfortunately the Harris Hawk wasn't interested in my bits of day old chick and wouldn't fly to me but I had more luck with the owls. I was amazed at how light they were and how delicate the balance between life and death related to temperature and a carefully measured portion of food for their weight.

The weather was glorious and the birds flew well enjoying the warmth and I guess the opportunity to stretch their wings. Would love to go again and perhaps next time have more luck with the hawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here about what we are up to!