Pages


Welcome to Natta Tasha! A place for family and friends to see what I'm up to at home, in the garden, at my craft table and abroad!

Drop by to catch up with latest Natta from Tasha and say it quickly enough for a clever play on my name.

Come on in, join the fun and leave a comment to continue the Natta!




Friday, August 6, 2010

To Weed or not To Weed?












The farm vegetable patch is is full flow and the tomatoes are really starting to build up in the salad bowl. With just two of us here at the moment am not quite sure if we are going to keep up with the supply and am looking for ways to preserve cherry tomatoes for eating later. Every other morning we also have a cup of fresh raspberries for breakfast. What a treat!

It's become a tradition that each time I'm here I weed the vegetable patch trying to tame it into an English plot rather than a farm patch! I started today round by the tomatoes, peppers and basil and soon had a patch of clear ground. If I keep going I will uncover some strawberries and asparagus. This is proper allotment gardening and not the tame raised bed variety that I now have at home! Oh the joy of getting filthy dirty, bitten by mosquitoes and having an aching back after an hour doing battle with the weeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here about what we are up to!